Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Local Animal Rescues

Over the years, I have come to know of several animal rescues in my area. I want to acknowledge them and provide them some exposure. My way of helping them out. So, I have decided to make an entry for each with their name and a brief description with their address, phone number, etc.

The ones I will be introducing y'all to are...

The Red River SPCA
Red River SPCA is located in Cooke County, Texas.
Red River SPCA rescued one of my dogs, Hershey. You will meet him later.
The lady who runs the Red River SPCA is also the SPCA investigator for our area.
She has been a great help to us and our dogs over the years.

Animal Refuge Foundation (ARF)
Animal Refuge Foundation is located in Grayson County, Texas.
This group has been around a while and rescues unwanted dogs.

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark is located in Gainesville, Texas.
Noah's Ark is fairly new, but they are already a staple in our area when it comes to taking care of stray cats and dogs.

Barn Cats
Barn Cats is located in Lewisville, Texas.
They take feral cats, spay/neuter them and relocate them to the country to be barn cats.

Homeward Bound Humane Society
Homeward Bound Humane Society is located in Durant, Oklahoma.

Please come back for each as I feature them. I will link to their sites, as well as to their adoptable rescued critters.

Hopefully, each week or month, I will be able to offer a featured adoptable pet from each.

I have the labels for each post turned on; so, these organizations can be searched by their names.
If you are interested in seeing posts about just one of these organizations, please scroll down the right side of your screen to the Labels section. The labels are listed alphabetically for easier search by you. The number in parentheses beside each label shows how many posts have that label attached to it. Choose the organization you wish to see posts about, which will include the brief description and any featured adoptable critters. I hope in the future to be able to list adoption updates.

Thanks & God bless!

P.S. Please, when looking to add a pet friend to your family, go to your local animal rescue or shelter first. You will be pleasantly surprised at what you will find!

No comments:

Post a Comment