Saturday, January 22, 2011

Devil: December 23, 2010 post from Chip-In page

On December 17, 2010, I introduced y'all to Devil, a Maine Coon mix. Please refer to the post titled, The Outside Guys. Since Devil's Chip-In is ending, I am going to move all the posts to this blog. This is the first of the posts...
As winter begins to set in, I always feel so bad for the critters forced to live outside either because their people think it is better for them or because they have no people to care for them.

In Devil's case, he is an outdoor barn cat of sorts only without the barn. Most folks in this area keep cats in the barn to keep the rodent population in check. In Devil's case, a neighbor who use to live here just liked having cats around. She liked the kittens. Devil was one of those kittens abt 8-10 years ago.

Now, she's left and Devil was left to continue his outdoor life on his own. I guess she thought he could survive without her.

He's not much of a hunter, but he is very territorial.

Devil & I have been friends for most of his 8-10 yrs. When my neighbor left & I realized Devil was on his own, he was almost emaciated. He was thin. I began feeding him, and he has now put on a good bit of weight.

Now, as I said, I feel bad for those critters forced to live outside during the cold wintery months. Since Devil cannot live with my cats due to the deadly disease, FIV, he carries, I have to keep him separate. During warm days, Devil stays outside. He rarely roams and keeps very close to the house. At night, he comes in and stays in the laundry room, which is closed off from the rest of the house.

I thought everyone might like to know how Devil spends these cold days & nights. I suspect, when winter really kicks in here in TX in January & February, he will spend a great deal of time in the laundry room. Of course, I will have to take him out for walks. He walks with me like a dog.

He's a real sweet little guy.

I hope y'all will find a warm spot in your heart for this wonderful little kitty who just needs people to care about him and take good care of him. For years, those who said they cared and lay claim to him, never really did a lot to "care" for him. Now, he has the chance to finally have his needs taken care of.

Won't you help?
Thanks... Robyn & Devil

No comments:

Post a Comment